Happy Birthday, Bond!
Today marks the 50th anniversary of Dr No, the first ever James Bond film. Following 22 movies, a soundtrack CD, Best of Bond… James Bond – a digitally remastered collection of the movies most memorable theme songs – is released on Monday, along with a 2 CD deluxe edition called 50 Years, 50 Tracks.
The release of the new theme song, and the artist chosen to perform it, is an exciting part of the run up to each Bond movie, but for us, it’s all about the girls.
Bond girls may not be known for their enviable tastes in fashion, but in homage of the agent’s half-century, we’ve selected our favourite (00)7 Bond girl costumes from the last 50 years.
7. Halle Berry as Giacinta ‘Jinx’ Johnson in Die Another Day (2002) gave us serious body envy in her orange bikini.
6. Arabian princess style ensemble worn by Magda in Octopussy (1983).
5. Tracy Draco looks ultra classy in this white outfit from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969). The ’70s style jumpsuit would look great with this wide brimmed hat.
4. Jenny Packham designed this silk coral dress for Caterina Murino in Casino Royale (2006). Teamed with this feather flower head dress, it would have looked even better!
3. This Persephone Solitaire design for Jane Seymore in Live and Let Die (1973) is beautiful yet understated.
2. Grace Jones can pull of any outfit, and this hooded number from View To Kill (1985) is no exception.
1. Although technically not an outfit, Jill Masterson managed to pull off being covered in gold paint in Goldfinger (1964) just as successfully as any Bond girl in a dress, and would have looked perfect in this gold pill box hat.